This certified earwax removal course is conducted by leading audiologist Vaishi Sanjeevan and its aim is to provide healthcare professionals with the necessary skillset for performing earwax removal by three different methods. The course provides thorough theory-based training in addition to field practice and is designed to allow the technician to perform the service both at the workplace or to the general public.
- Training in various methods: Provides training in 3 professional earwax removal methods instead of just 1.
- Hands-on experience: Field training is essential for ensuring that you are as confident and capable as possible in your practice.
- Community for support: We have an organised group for professionals willing to assist earwax removal specialists with any questions they might have about all 3 methods of ear wax removal.
- Hassle-free work leads: Our Earwax Removal Specialists team will keep you busy, providing you with work in accordance with your availability.
Who is this course suitable for?
The course has been specially designed to benefit individuals involved in the clinical field at any skill level. It is appropriate for:
- Audiological Scientists
- Hearing Aid Dispensers
- General Practitioners
- Physician Associates
- ENT Specialists
- Allied Healthcare Professionals
- Occupational Health Technicians
- Hearing Care Assistants
- Foot Care Practitioners
In case you are unsure whether this course would be suitable for you, please give us a call on 01455 245740 and we would be happy to advise you appropriately.
Day 1- Theory
- Anatomy, disorders & earwax in detail
- Consent & documentation
- Irrigation vs. microsuction vs. instruments
- Medico-legal issues & studies on risks associated with microsuction
Day 2- Field Practice
The second day of the course will provide you with the hands-on experience you need to confidently practice otoscopy, irrigation and manual instruments usage on patients who need earwax removal.
The course will provide all of the equipment required for training in various methods of earwax removal (listed below), with the exception of loupes and an otoscope, which participants are required to bring on their own. However, these items are also available for purchase from us.
- Ear Irrigator
- Suction Unit
- Zoellner Pen Suction Probes
- Irrigator Tips
- Glasses Loupes
- Otoscope Diagnostic Examination Set
- Noots Aluminium Ear Tank
- Metal Ear Speculum
- Disposable Aprons
- Jobson Horne Probes
Trainer- Vaishi Sanjeevan
Vaishi Sanjeevan is an experienced audiologist with a deep-rooted passion for helping individuals with hearing loss. With a BSc in Healthcare Science (Audiology) from Swansea University and extensive practical experience gained through training in multiple hospitals across Wales, Vaishi has honed her clinical skills and developed a strong commitment to patient care. Her unique blend of clinical knowledge and passion for teaching other healthcare professionals makes her the ideal trainer for those looking to enhance their expertise in the field of audiology.
The first day of the course will be run at our Headquarters in Hinckley:
6 New Buildings
Day two will be spent at our busiest hearing centre where you will be able to acquire hands-on experience with our expert team:
13 King St
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a personalised certificate from Meduc8ion, along with a certificate confirming your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
We can recommend insurance at a competitive cost which you will be able to take out after completion of the course.
Pricing and Payment
The pricing of this course is only £1250. This includes two days of training with lunch provided.
Please note that we now offer an interest-free monthly payment service in order to provide you with the option of spreading the cost of the course.
Do read through our terms and conditions which can be found here.
Book Your Spot
In order to secure your place for this course, select the available date that is suitable for you on the calendar above.
Alternatively, you could contact our expert team with your booking enquiry:
Telephone: 01455 245 740 (Available between 9:00am-4:30pm from Monday to Friday)